In Memory of Lawrence King
Home Guestbook Photo Gallery Memorial Fund Forums Angels Contact Us
Forum Home Forum Home > Anti-Violence and Tolerance Forum > Groups and Organizations
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

School Angels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
schoolangel View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote schoolangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School Angels
    Posted: Apr 15 2008 at 7:42pm
Hey everyone,
just letting you know that this tragic story has reached Australia and driven me to starting a national group called the School Angels. It's to help tackle homophobia and bullying in schools. We are staging a concert to help raise money for the programs.

You can check the site out at www.schoolangels.com.au and our music video "Somebody's Baby" that features Lawrence.

Thanks everyone.

Andrew
belovedreborn View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote belovedreborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2008 at 12:19pm
School Angel,

Thank You.

In the forum "Inspired by Larry" there is a member by the name of Joose who has taken a great deal of heat for what appears to be mean spirited comments about, let us say, the lack of intelligence around at letting Larry do the things he did.  In  fact he even mentioned that the authorities were culpable in Larry's death.  It didn't hit me until now, with you bringing up your organization that Joose had an important point to be made, which will be lost over here.

It is indeed up to the school officials and the studentbody to educate students, parents and school authorities about our needs and creating sensitivity and compassion for all people who are different or could be labeled "different."

Mahalo nui loa,
Bright blessings,
Amanda Christian, Hawaii

A'A I ka Hula, Waiho Ka Hilahila, I Ka Hale
("Live with passion, EMBRACE CHANGE, Do not fear it" )
BRIGHT BLESSINGS,
Amanda
 Post Reply Post Reply